Young Entrepreneur Awards
The NFIB Young Entrepreneur Awards program was established to raise awareness among the nation’s youth of the critical role that private enterprise and entrepreneurship play in the building of America. Since 2003, the NFIB Young Entrepreneur Foundation has awarded 2,095 scholarships to graduating high school seniors totaling $2,382,000.
Students are encouraged to apply for our awards beginning October 1, 2012, and may apply until December 17, 2012.
ARKANSAS DEPARTMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Renewed – 2012
Deadline for entry: October 5, 2012
NBSTSA Student Scholarship
The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical First Assisting (NBSTSA) is committed to the advancement of surgical technology and surgical assisting, as well as the continuing education of individuals entering and working within the profession. The 2012 NBSTSA Scholarship Program is designed to assist students in pursuing their education via NBSTSA recognized surgical technology and surgical first assisting programs. The 2012 program includes $1000 (full) and $500 (partial) scholarship awards. Scholarships are awarded annually prior to the AST National Conference.
Dr. Alma S. Adams Scholarship
Applications are now being accepted for the Dr. Alma S. Adams Scholarship for Outreach and Health Communications to reduce tobacco use among what the American Legacy Foundation calls Priority Populations*. Priority populations are those populations who are disproportionately targeted by the tobacco industry, or who often lack the tools and resources to combat smoking in their communities.
The scholarship, named for founding Legacy board member, Dr. Alma S. Adams will award two $5,000 scholarships to pursue undergraduate or graduate studies at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States. The awards will be granted on a competitive basis for the following: a) a record of commitment to community service on behalf of an underserved community, preferably related to tobacco prevention and/or control and b) the best use of the visual arts, media, creative writing or other creative endeavor to convey culturally appropriate health messages aimed at raising awareness of tobacco’s harmful impact.
Applications will be accepted from January 1, 2012 until April 30, 2012. Awardees will be notified by June 29, 2012.
For more information, email: email@example.com.
ARK-LSAMP Program at UALR
Arkansas Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (ARK-LSAMP) aims to increase the number of under-represented minority students in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) areas.
The scholarship is funded by the National Science Foundation and is a collaborative alliance of eight Arkansas institutions that have a goal of increasing the pool of baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral degree graduates in STEM disciplines in Arkansas’ workforce.
We hope that you will be interested in our program. Use this site to find the latest information.arship is complemented by an enrichment program and Summer Academy, a six-week program that offers the necessary skills and knowledge to pre-college high school graduates to help make a seamless transaction to college.
The University Science Scholars program at UALR
The University Science Scholars Program is a new scholarship and enrichment program at UALR. It is for outstanding students who have financial need and wish to major in biology, chemistry, and earth science.
We are funded by the National Science Foundation and the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, and provide scholarships up to $10,000 per year. The scholarships are renewable for up to four years.
The scholarship part of the program is available to talented and financially-needy students. The enrichment part of the program is available to talented students who are funded by us or have other scholarships.
UCA Windgate Scholarship
The Windgate Scholarship is based on talent and financial need and can be worth up to $5,000 per semester for eight semesters. One scholarship will be awarded to begin in the 2012-2013 academic
year. To be eligible, students must return the application form with the requested materials, plan to declare art as their major, and attend UCA in the fall 2012 semester.
American Legion Coudret Trust Scholarships
KFC Colonel’s Scholars is looking for high school seniors with financial need and an entrepreneurial spirit to qualify for the KFC Colonel’s Scholars Program. Awards are up to $20,000 for tuition, fees, textbooks, room and board.
To qualify, graduating high school seniors must:
- Earn a minimum high school cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Enroll in a public college or university within their state of legal residence
- Plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Demonstrate financial need
Now Accepting 2012 GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Applications
Exceptional student leaders are invited to apply for the 2012 GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program. In honor of the legacy and character of President Ronald Reagan, this program annually rewards up to 20 college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with $10,000 renewable scholarships (up to $40,000 per recipient).
Like President Reagan, candidates use the formative experiences of their youth to lead, serve, and pursue a life of progress, both individually and for their communities. Help put promising young leaders in the running for this prestigious award by:
- Sharing this news with scholars who exemplify, inside and outside the classroom, President Reagan’s vision and destiny to lead and serve, and encouraging them to apply. Download a program flyer.
- Nominating an exemplary candidate for this award. During the application process, applicants must be nominated by a community leader, such as a high school principal, elected official or nonprofit executive, and each leader may nominate only one applicant.
- Recommending a candidate for this award. During the application process, applicants must be recommended by an authority figure who has observed them in a leadership role, such as a student activity advisor, community service coordinator, coach, employer, teacher, counselor or religious leader.
Applications for the GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program will be accepted online until February 17, 2012. Additional information, eligibility requirements, and a link to the application are available online. You may also follow us on Facebook.
Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program
- AES Enginering Solutions Scholarship – $500 – Deadline : October 7, 2011
- Questbridge Scholarship Program – $200,000 – Deadline : September 30, 2011
- College Scholarships.org
- Minority Scholarships
- Universal Scholarship Applications
- The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards
- The American Legion Scholarships
- University of Arkansas Scholarships
- Hendrix Odyssey Honors and Distinction Awards
- www.komen.org/scholarship. $10,000
- UALR Scholarships
- UCA Scholarships
- ASU Scholarships
- Arkansas Athletic Scholarship Information
- Arkansas Baptist College Scholarships
- Arkansas Tech University-Mechanical Engineering Scholarships
- Arkansas Tech University-General Scholarships
- Arkansas Tech University-General Scholarships List
- Henderson State University Scholarships
- Hendrix College Scholarships
- John Brown University Scholarships
- Lyon College Scholarships
- Ouachita Baptist University Scholarships
- Southern Arkansas University Scholarships
- UAMS Scholarships
- University of Arkansas-Fort Smith Scholarships
- University of Arkansas-Monticello Scholarships
- University of Ozarks Scholarships
- University of South:Sewanee Scholarships
- Pomona College Scholarships
- Vanderbilt University Scholarships
- Washington University at St.Louis Scholarships
- Baylor University Scholarships
- Texas A&M University Scholarships
- UT at Austin Scholarships
- Emory University Sports&Scholarships
- Emory University Merit Scholarships
- University of Virginia Scholarships
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Scholarships
- Tufts University Financial Aid Opportunities
- Vassar College Scholarships
- Rhodes College Scholarships
- Colorado College Scholarships
- Duke University Scholarships
- Georgetown University Scholarships
- Harvard University Scholarships
- Penn University Scholarships
- Stanford University Scholarships